What are these from?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are these from?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

I acquired a bunch of T stuff which had been in a attic of a barn for the past 50 years and these were with the parts. The axle has spring perch mounts which are similar to a T but the axle is wider between the spindle bolts. It is also built stouter than the T axle.

I believe the transmissions are possibly from a Durant??

Is this dash original Ford or is this after-market?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Some better pictures of the axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

This medallion is 2 inches in diameter. Any idea what it was used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

"This medallion is 2 inches in diameter. Any idea what it was used for?"

Ford Model A, center bumper clamp, beginning of production through April 1928. After April of '28 it just said Ford, no MADE IN U.S.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

The medallion looks like a 1928 Model A front bumper center clamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

The front axle is Overland. I'm guessing 1916-22. It is not a model 90.

Speedster guys like to use these axles in place of a stock model t, the spindles are off set and lower a model t.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:46 am:

Brass guy is right, it's an Overland axle. Some T guys use them to put Budd Overland wire wheels on their T's. I have one if anyone wants it, delivered to Bakersfield for nothing but your company and conversation at our spots. Tired of tripping over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 08:30 am:

The bumper clamp was also used on the Model T Bumpers on the sport touring in 26 & 27 and available at the Ford Dealerships as a dealer installed option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Dash is a Stewart aftermarket for a 15 / 16 T . I have one in my 16. What do want for it $$. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

My '26 Fordor came new with those medallion type bumper clamps. I believe the Model A version had a black painted background while the Model T style were all bright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Erik, I would like the axle if not already spoken for. I will be at Bakersfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

James,
Are you interested in selling the bumper clamp?
Please email me if so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Don, I sent you a PM

Brent I have sent you a couple messages to your AOL account, hope the last one made it through.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration