New shop coats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New shop coats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 08:21 am:

After three months of searching, we may be able to offer a limited number of the shop coats that were sold during the Centennial. They will be hand made using the same material, but will not have the Ford logo on the buttons or on the back. There would be only large and xlarge available and would cost between $150 and $175. Probably only be about 35 coats made, unless the demand is greater. For us to proceed, we need to know if there is any interest in this project. We are not taking orders yet, just trying to gauge the interest. If this project goes ahead, they would be available thru the MTFCA Museum. I don't have a picture to post here, but these are the brown, knee length, button front coat with red Ford script logo on the back. Perhaps someone has a picture they could post for me. Thanks. Jerry Kramer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 09:54 am:

I want one, but you're description says:
"but will not have the Ford logo on the buttons or on the back" and " button front coat with red Ford script logo on the back". Which is it? Is there a logo on the back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 10:47 am:

I think Jerry is asking for a picture of the earlier coat, which did have the Ford logo, but is saying that the new ones won't have it.

The inexpensive coats from Sportsman's Guide are no longer available, so these new ones from the museum may be your best bet. The lack of a Ford logo should not be a problem.

You can download an internet image and have a local embroidery shop make a patch for you. As long as it's for your own use and not to sell, I doubt that you'll be swarmed by a plague of Ford lawyers. It pays to shop around. Embroidery prices range from reasonable to outrageous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Having had some professionl experience in the trade show promotional item (trinkets and trash) business, by guideance would be to offer the coats with the logo on the back or front pocket areea. I will represent that most people would pay a premium to have coat ready to wear rather than purchase an item at a premium price and then have to find their own embroidery shop. In most cases, the set up charge is the beg nut.
If you can find one shop to do this and spread out the set up charge over the number of items, it becomes very manageable.

I'd personally, rather pay $150 for a coat ready to wear, than $125 for a coat that has no Ford logos at all.

And, there may or may not be a trademark issue if everyone gets a coat, prints off a logo from the interent and takes it to their local shop to get it made. One stop shopping for me!

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 11:41 am:

My experience producing reproductions of old signs was that trademark licensing ranged from free to prohibitively expensive. I never made Ford signs because of the licensing cost. But maybe Ford would give the museum a break, as it's non-profit. It's worth looking into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

The new coats would NOT have any Ford logos on them. The old ones did. The license fee would be too large. I have been in touch with the manufacturer of the old coats and he is not interested in making any more. Using the info provided by him, I have found someone who can make them. If there is not enough interest, I will drop the project. Jerry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration