Racing T in the UK

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Racing T in the UK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Met an astonishing guy last summer who owns not only a WWI Model T ambulance but also a stunning racing T that he imported from the States a few years ago.

It's so good some buddies of mine and I made a film about it. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUaO9EvneE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

PS there is an accompanying article that just went live on Hooniverse if you want more background.

http://hooniverse.com/2016/02/21/weekend-video-edition-down-to-a-t-with-a-ford-m odel-t/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

I really enjoyed that! Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Very cool! Ian was a hoot! I loved that he said they used to drive on the left, now they drive on what's left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

You're welcome, Jim. So pleased that you enjoyed it. I hope your esteemed colleagues here on the MTFCA Forums appreciate it in a similar way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Ditto Dennis. Much appreciated and yes, the guy is a hoot. Plan to hang with him more this year if at all possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Fantastic!
would love to see some more close up pics of the T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

That's it, I'm buying a pipe and a smoking jacket. I wanna be the 'crazy guy' on my street :-)

I also have a '39 transmission. I will be taking a few measurements when no one is looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Here is a link to the high resolution photos as requested.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsknVartU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

some interesting features on this T. I Like the use of Hartfords all round. Maybe 27 chev spindles and wonder what that steering box is. Also - tricky bend in radius rod. Love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Harvey on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

You can find Ian Furey-King easily enough on Facebook. I'm sure he would be more than delighted to answer any questions you might have about the finer details.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration