Old photo-'26 pick up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo-'26 pick up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

A few dings in the radiator and the fenders have seen better days. But still, a nice pickup. Looks like the upper glass in the windshield is missing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Too modern .... make mine a 23-25, thanks ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Early 26. What's up with the crank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Is that a butt print pressed into the radiator fins? In any case, I wonder how recent the accident was that bent the rad and shell, buggered the front fenders, mangled the crank, flattened the choke rod and broke the upper half of the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Will, the windscreen glass is there, tilted and in shade from the top. See the line on the lower edge.
The car looks to have a full set of 30" clincher demountables. I have seen a few of these on early improved cars in Australia.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

I wish mine would have been that original looking. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Allan, I think that line is in the bricks behind the car. My '26 roadster (Nov '25 build) had 30"demountable wheels. I originally thought the guy I had bought the car from had switched them but when I realized that the rear wheels had the large drums that it was not the case. Also the front spindles were of the earlier style.
Yes the radiator is quite depressed and the shell has been distorted from the accident. Notice the windshield wiper dangling from above. The driver must have hit the windshield and smashed itThe crank handle seems to have pieces of whatever it ran into,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

By the looks of that radiator, I'd say that the car struck something fairly soft like, hopefully, and animal, or, much more hopefully, not a pedestrian, cyclist, or motorcycle & rider! I have no idea what is hanging from the bent crank, but again, hopefully not the remains of some type of human clothing apparel.

Also, in support of Allan & Wills' opinion that the upper glass IS there, note that the windshield wiper blade is at the same angle as the upper windshield frame members. I'm sure the glass is there and intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Oops! Looking closer, have changed my opinion ref the upper half of the windshield. Looking thru' the back window at the line of bricks, it looks like the horizontal line of bricks is slightly distorted, due to what looks like the almost vertical broken edge of windshield glass. Glass on the left of the line, no glass on the right of the line. Now thinking that as Will said, wiper blade "dangling" and w/w operating lever bent forward.

Whatever the case, it is quite apparent that the driver did not have a very good day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

With the blow-ups that Will posted it looks like a chunk of glass hung up in the steering wheel and maybe the back glass has a piece missing thus the distorted line of mortar. As for the crank it looks to me like a leather driving helmet with the remains of some goggles and if you look past that you can just make a licence plate. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Yes, it does look like a leather helmet and goggles, how gruesome is that? I would agree that the rear glass is broken but I don't see glass on the steering wheel. Is this blood on the apron? It doesn't look like coolant to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:32 am:

The top looks like it is a light tan color. Would that have been a factory top? And the glass rear window, is that an original window?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

James mentioned license plate. The piece that looks like the lens of goggles is the license plate bracket spread open a bit. Below that (left) is a number pressed into the plate. Not sure how the plate would have gotten that twisted but the whole accident seems unusual. I would vote for no glass in the upper frame from the way the wiper is tilted.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Also looks like the left spring clamp was dislodged and is sitting down by the spring perch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Fleet cars/trucks were often sold with 30 x 3-1/2 demountables so owners didn't have to stock different tire sizes.

That right front tire looks excellent. Probably got 20 or 30 miles left in her!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

Collision with motorcycle/sidecar passenger? Hope not. respectfully, jb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration