New Product-Correctly Made Brass Starter Terminal Nuts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Product-Correctly Made Brass Starter Terminal Nuts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Just thought some of you might like to know. Lang's Old Car Parts arranged to have manufactured and is selling correct 3/8-16 thread, 5/8 across the flats, one half chamfered Brass Model T starter terminal nuts.

q

Ron the Coilman

(Message edited by adminchris on February 21, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Thanks Ron. I'm ordering some right now! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

Oops, I jumped the gun. I'll have to wait for my next order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Is this Lang's #5112?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

The last ones Lang's sent me a few weeks ago were bright zinc over steel--Standard 25 cent jam nuts. I kind of threw a fit on the forum and got numerous harassing phone calls because I miss-spoke and called them generator nuts at the time. No mention that they were still the wrong nuts. I see that they still don't have a photo up. Ask before you order!

And thanks to whomever gave Lang's my private phone number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Ken
Perhaps you provided the necessary impetus?
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

It is because of the issue that was brought to our attention by Ken that we have manufactured a correct brass nut. As a "Thank You" we have sent Ken a half dozen of them "No Charge"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

We also manufacture the 5111 Starter Terminal slotted stud. The nuts are also used on original Starter Switches. Ford used both steel and brass. WE manufacture the steel and have both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

It is really, really nice when some manufacturer's/vendors take the time to make things that fit...without the end user having to modify them.

A profound "Thank you" to those that do.

I will support you with my orders, however small they may be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

Thank YOU, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Pretty spiffy looking nuts! Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you very much Don and the rest at Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Lets see more of this!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration