OT maybe. What does it fit...cowl/side lamp font brass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT maybe. What does it fit...cowl/side lamp font brass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

I can not find any makers marks on this one. It uses 3 prongs to mount. The wick fits into a well to help prevent sloshing. Someone, sometime in the past has re soldered the joint around the sides. Any ideas?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Rats! I was hoping it would fit the Dietz oil lamps from my gasoline carriage. But the three pins don't look right for them. My lamps don't look like they ever had anything very good for holding the fonts, burners, or bowl in place. Maybe that is why they are both missing?
So I guess that I cannot help you very much.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

I have no clue. 3 prongs are unusual. I presume you have looked closely at the burner adjusting wheel. I can't tell from the photo but they did put names there on some lamps. I assume the burner screws in rather than being a bayonet like E & J's. Of course some burners were interchangeable and wouldn't prove the font make.
sorry.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

No name on the wick adjustment wheel and yes the burner screws in. The name may have been on the burner cover that is missing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration