OT, Getting excited Florida Winter Tour.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT, Getting excited Florida Winter Tour.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 08:18 am:

Trailer loaded, Michigan to Florida! Friends make a tour much better. Our second winter tour making a habit of it I hope. We loaded Gord & Marsha Koll's car in the double trailer in November, I just loaded Kelly & mine. We are going together in a four door pickup. Gord & I share the driving, Kelly & Marsha knit and we have great conversation. Meeting up with friends at the tour! Friends Make "The" Tour! Happy Touring to all this season and beyond!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 08:33 am:

See you there! We are already in Vero Beach doing a build with Habitat for Humanity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 04:39 am:

Who's Going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 06:07 am:

Saw a member at a rest area along I-75 .....

I am in Florida dropping off a 1920 Touring T in Miami.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Trailer loaded and leaving at noon from central Illinois. Hoping to beat the snow between here and there.

Ron and Linda Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:49 am:

I just finished the spring maintance, tune up and put the 1911 T in the trailer for the trip to Florida. We are supposed to have a good size rain storm here, the next couple on days. We leave for Florida on Friday.
We are doing the Ocala tour the first week and the second week we are going to Punta Gorda Florida to see friends and play Blue grass music for a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:59 am:

Kim and I are going to the Florida Flywheelers the rest of this week and then on to Ocala on Saturday. Can't wait to try out my new Warford! BTW. We have lots of MTFCA merchandise packed in the trailer to sell to everyone. Jerry Kramer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Jerry,

I am going to be in the Miami area - I might go to Key West - not in a hurry to leave beautiful Florida at the present ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

From what I hear, you don't want to go home to Dayton just yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 05:15 am:

Jim

When I last inquired about having a car hauled out of FL I was informed that FL was a "dead zone" and you didn't ship in or out. Anyway, since you've found yourself in the Sunshine State, the weather's beautiful right now, so enjoy yourself. If you're still in the state then, come to Ocala and meet a good bunch of people

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Scott,

I try to meet supply & demand.

Certain markets have little to no demand to haul vehicles in,
Florida is one of them.

That is why on occasion you will see good deals on Model T's and other cars ....

The last time I came to Florida it was to pick up a Model T Torpedo that was donated to the MTFCA Museum.

That was about this time last if memory serves correct.

I serve the lower 48 states year round (subject to safe driving conditions).

I am headed now up Hwy 1 to Isle of Palms, SC to drop off.

I did pass by Ocala earlier in the week when I picked up a vintage FJ Cruiser but will not be passing by again heading out.

If you are participating in the Winter Tour I hope you & my fellow MTFCA members travel safely .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Hey Jim,

How many miles do you drive each year. You should qualify for frequent driving miles. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Hi Rick !

Not many considering ....

I average about 80Ka year

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration