Florida Border Banned Items

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Florida Border Banned Items
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:58 am:

When I go to Florida for the winter tour, will I be able to bring a few apples, bananas and oranges with me?

Is the border banned items only limited to plants?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

I go back and forth all the time with that stuff without a problem. They mainly try to regulate plants, not the fruit. The regulations are really complicated but you should have no problem with fruit that is along for the ride for your personal consumption.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

I have never been stopped coming in to Florida as a private citizen with Fruits and Veggies If there is a Mediterranean fruit fly outbreak they will stop you from LEAVING the state with fruit If there is a Citrus Canker outbreak you would not be allowed to leave the state with live trees ETC...
this is from the Florida Regulations

"Florida Statute makes it unlawful for the driver of any vehicle, other than those exempted by the statute, to pass any official agricultural inspection station without first stopping and submitting the vehicle for inspection. Those vehicles not required to stop include: private passenger automobiles with no trailer in tow, travel trailers, camping vehicles, van conversions, and motor homes, or pickup trucks not carrying agricultural, horticultural, or livestock products and which have visible access to the entire cargo area, or city, county, state, or federal vehicles."
Hope this helps :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Depends on where you are going. We have check points at all locations where you enter California. We are especially concerned about citrus and apples. It is a way to try to keep pests from entering our agricultural areas.

One time I was returning from Oregon to California and we had some Apples. We knew about the check stop, so we ate the apples. We had a bag with the cores in it. I handed it to the inspector who told me "this is an agricultural inspection station, not a trash disposal".

I think they might have inspection in Arizona too, Don't remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

I would not be too concerned with Florida.
They have a lot of Fruitcakes! :-)
Most of them are from the North!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Please forgive me as I have never went to Florida but you mean to tell me they stop cars at the "gate" and check for oranges and tree's?
Wow,wonder what else they find?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

If you read 'Ford Tramps', the account of two young men's clockwise circuit of the USA in a Model T 1924, you will read that their Florida oranges were confiscated on reaching the California border.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

Only cars from New Hampshire are thoroughly checked at the Florida border. The rest pass thru without being stopped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Certain forum members who shall remain anonymous are officially classified as " Grade A Nuts " by the State Of Florida " and as such cannot be accompanying me in or out of the state .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration