Aw, nuts.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Aw, nuts.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

And not one fits a Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Lots of original square nuts on my T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

RE And not one fits a Model T
I see at least 4 that you can find samples of on a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 06:10 am:

Yep, at least 4, the castle, the slotted, the square and the torque lock...but I also use the cap for finish ends and I love the flange nut, for all sorts of places where I don't want to fiddle with a bloody washer. I also like the nylon lock for things that tend to shake themselves apart...like the engine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:58 am:

The plain hex nuts are used on manifold clamps and on the rear radius rods. I sneaked in a couple of Tee nuts to hold the wooden frames on my roadster doors. The early cars with side plates also used wing nuts to secure them.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:18 am:

You forgot to show the corresponding bolts! Pulled this off Internet so hope not stepping on any toes... bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:26 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:12 am:

This 'thread' has deteriorated to the point that I am now comfortable chiming in:

I saw the following thread/nut size gauge advertised in a Hemming's publication recently. I have no connection to this company, but I think this is a useful item.

http://www.threadtoolsupply.com/nut-and-bolt-thread-gauges.html

respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Hard boiled eggs and nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

5, I forgot about the early valve covers using wing nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Charlie B.,

"Gee Ollie, you sure know how to plan a meal."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration