OT? Well not really

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT? Well not really
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

I met a guy today whose involved with the transport business. I gotta say he's one of the most polite and enjoyable people to work with that I've met in a long while.

Earlier this Winter I purchased a Model T engine off eBay from a lady that lives about 900 miles away from my place in beautiful, tropic Minnesota.

At the same time I made my purchase I happened to become acquainted with a person named Bill from Bills Auto Works in Wakeman, Ohio. And it so happens, Bill is involved with the automotive transport business. And, therefore it turned into a real opportunity for me. It took 2 or 3 emails to make arrangements to have him pick up my rebuilt engine in Pennsylvania and deliver it to Minnesota.

I met him earlier today at a prearranged drop sight.

When I received the engine I noticed the care he'd taken to secure my engine in his trailer and even got a chuckle when I noticed he'd wrapped it with a wool blanket. I mean to tell you, this is Minnesota, and it can get chilly here but, a wool blanket? I just figured it was a Ohio thing to make sure engines are nice and cozy when traveling.

All the way through this guy was great to deal with. I thought his price for delivery was more than fair. His truck and trailer are impeccable. He was extremely polite and I feel I received good value for my dollar.

If you find yourself in a position where you need a vehicle transported across the country, your not going to find anyone more professional than Bill at Bills Auto Works in Wakeman, Ohio. His shop number is 419-929-8048 and his cell is 216-832-8697. His email is billsautoworks1@aol.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Interesting. He's about 25 miles to the east of me. Small world!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:13 am:

He advertises here on the Classifieds from time to time. It's good to have the benefit of someone who has used his service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Mike,
Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure getting to meet you. I normally do not transport a lot of engines, parts, etc because my main concern is always the customers vehicle.(also do not want to scratch my trailers) From time to time in cases like yours, it worked very well & safely.

After dropping the Dodge business coupe you saw, I picked up this Hemi powered 32 Ford & dropped it off inside Cobo Hall for the Detroit Autorama this weekend. Winter shows in the north are difficult, but fortunately Cobo Hall has the ability to drive the truck & trailer inside the building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

No, no, you got it all wrong, I was suppose to get the deuce and the motor was suppose to go to the Autorama!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 09:11 am:

I don't think Don in Dubuque would be very pleased with that!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration