First Generation Rocky Mountain Brake Repo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First Generation Rocky Mountain Brake Repo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

There was an earlier Rocky Mountain Brake instruction sheet posting on those that were manufactured by Sunderlin back in 1960s. I have tried my best to find it. Can anyone help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/575026.html?1443625758

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Warren, Jack Sunderland did not understand outside brakes. That is why he change the design to the AC design. All he had to do was elongate the hole for the pivot bolt so it could move forward when the brakes were applied and he would have fixed the [problem and not have had to go to the expense of making new patterns. I have a copy of his original instructions. send me your address and I will send you a copy. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Thanks Mark and Glen, That is exactly what I was looking for. The forum is a great source for knowledge as well as help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

That's great, always glad to help. The instructions I have are different. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Glen.my address is warrenfrollins@tds.net. Love to have a copy.Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

I bought my Rocky Mountain Brakes from Jack in Downey about 1977. I had bought the Coupe from Duluth MN in Sept 1976 and it was in the Ramona parade in July 1978. Bruce McCalley had recommended I purchase them at the Long Beach swap meet at the Hamilton Bowl and he put me in touch with Jack. By then they were the full circle type with the pivot point at the front. They still came with the brackets that coupled the brake cross shaft to the motor. Later it seems the two brackets were eliminated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:42 am:

I agree with Glen on this one. I finally managed to find an original copy of the real Rocky Mountain Brake instructions, and it was a big help when I was looking for original parts for my brakes. Jack Sunderlin could have done the same without having to resort to using the Bennett rods and equalizer, but he didn't do his homework!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration