U.S. and Canadian body differences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: U.S. and Canadian body differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Are the American and Canadian touring bodies for 1921 the same except for the driver's door? I was thinking if I could get an American body I could replace the driver side front sheet metal with Canadian. There is some on tbay now I could buy and put it up until I am ready for it. I'm thinking about putting together a RHD T in the future but I would need a Canadian body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Corey,

You could make it work and many folks would not know the difference. But the Canadian cars continued to use the older style 5 piece rear seat tub -- to include the wooden seat frame longer than the USA Cars. Additionally they switched to the slant windshield and one man top sooner than the USA cars. Some believe 1920 (I'm one of those who believes that) and some believe 1921 for the one man top and slant windshield.

You can look at Vic's 1920 Canadian touring at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/299440.html scroll down to: By Vic Patterson. Grande Cache, Canada. on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:33 pm:

Note you can build a open front car (roadster, tour about etc. and the doors are not an issue.)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Hap, Thanks. I don't have the extra money now but thought that would be an interesting project. I just thought 21 because I've got a later chassis already, but I really like the earlier models. Since it would be made up from parts anyhow I could build a RHD 09-11.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

I have bought from him a few times before, He's a great seller, ships fast.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration