New Zealand

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Zealand
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

My son has been in Wellington for the past week waiting for classes to start. I'm starting to plan a trip to trek around New Zealand with him in June for 2-3 weeks. I'm into the early T's and hoping to see some fellow T enthusiasts in the area if that is possible. I'm sure I've met some of you folks at Hershey or Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Mike, if you make the effort to come over to Western Australia we will look after you. We can chew the fat on everything Ford!
If not, I'm sure someone in NZ will look after you. It's a great time and place to visit. Do both islands to experience the differences. Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 02:46 am:

Mike are you coming to the South Island? If so I'm in the middle on the main road to Queenstown, your welcome to call in here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 02:52 am:

My first visit to the MTFCA Forum for months! Mike I am in Wellington - I'd be very happy to meet up with you in this fine city and to point you in the right direction. There are some great Model T folk in NZ (although Wellington is a bit quiet in that regard) in both the North Island and the South Island. Feel free to send me a PM with what your plans are. Or email me at info@buzzyrentalcars.co.nz PS I bet your son is enjoying Wellington!!! Best city in NZ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Herron on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 03:05 am:

If coming down to the Deep South of South Island I live in Gore and have a 10,11 and 13 Ts. Welcome to visit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 03:51 am:

We are in Waipukurau on the east coast of the North Island. Good T country. We'd be pleased to meet you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

Thank you all! I am planning to arrive in the first week of June as my son is wrapping up his semester at Victoria University. We want to see as much as possible over the next 2-3 weeks before June 30. He's 21 and I'm 61 and both looking for an adventure. We have a few early T's and an A in the shed so we appreciate them. I understand the weather is a little "fresh" in June but hope that won't put too much of a damper on things. I'll get in touch with all of you over the next few weeks. Thanks, mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey New Zealand on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:05 am:

Hi Mike. There are a few T owners around. Im in Kapiti, about an hour north of Wellington. Let us know when you are coming through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 06:10 am:

If New Zealand is anything like the Victoria Model T Club in Australia, you're in for a fantastic time. I saw members car's, member's engines, member's earlier than T cars, and member's newer cars. Robbie Dalton knew I that I was relatively new to driving on the left so he ferried me to many of the other member's collections. As one who was raised on the right, I was very grateful that he did this. I was able to see more sights than pavement.

I'm still recovering from the experience. Right now Michigan is under several inches of snow and I'm still remembering that I was riding in Model Ts in shirt sleeves less than a month ago.

I should warn you of two things. The jet lag will hit you when you get home. And also you'll be wanting to do car things in spite of the snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

It will be a bit cooler in June when you will be about as it will be early winter for us then here in NZ. However, at present this moment the thermometer outside tells me it is 36C in the shade. Lovely!! So, I'm going for a ride in the T and hope I don't get sunburnt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

I'm down in Dunedin and organizing the Winter Solstice Run which is usually around June 20th. I'd be happy to link up with you and have you along. We enjoy meeting up with our American car friends!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Thank you All! I will definitely be touching base with all of you over the next couple of months. I am treating ready right now for the Pre -War Swap Meet in Chickasha, Oklahoma. I'm thinking that I've met Kiwis there before. We take a lot of T stuff there and Hershey. I found a nice mostly original 14 Touring that had never been rebuilt. I freshened it up a little and drove it yesterday and it drove very well. Might be able to bring some little brass T bits when I come. Mike in Iowa.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration