Brass Radiator Repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass Radiator Repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:38 am:

I need to have a brass radiator repaired and was wondering if anyone had experience with a good radiator repair shop in the metro Atlanta area?

Thanks,
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

I went to a local place who used to repair radiators and they told me the guy moved and that modern cars are plastic so it is hard to find a radiator repair shop - at least up by me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Depending what kind of repairs are needed, you may find the information in this thread useful.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/616822.html?1456265044

Remember, if man can make it, man can fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Dan, I used Ferndale radiator in Ferndale, Michigan, this past year to repair a leak in my brass radiator lower tank. Cost about $145 and he redyed the fins, too. They've been in business for over 60 years. The grandson of the original owner is running the shop now. There must be an old shop in your area, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Hey Thomas, what's this "redyed" thing your talking about ???? I've seen some brass "T" radiators w/dark fins and always wondered if that's the way their suppose to be. Mine are like a dull brass color. Thought of spraying them flat black but once there painted it's usually a forever thingy !!! What is the correct way ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Dan,

In Atlanta, go to Sims Radiator. They are in Decatur, Lawrenceville, Tucker, and Conyers. Sims definitely does Model T radiators. They have fixed Model T radiators for me since 1966, and they do a fabulous job. Their Decatur shop has a Model T radiator hanging under the sign. Look them up under Sims Radiator with Google.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Thanks for the info!

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

John,
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-radiator-black-paint.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 05:25 am:

Hey Layden, thank you, thank you, thank you. Will order the Satin Black for my 14' should I use the same for the other "T"s ???

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration