Vulture Wagon/Trouble Truck Equipment for tours:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Vulture Wagon/Trouble Truck Equipment for tours:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Because most "vulture wagons" used on club tours will probably include a tow vehicle with a modern standard size hitch receiver or "receiver hitch" (not sure which is correct terminology) I built something for my pickup that might merit some consideration:

A short length of standard size square tubing to fit the hitch can provide some very handy equipment. About a 3 ft. length of square tubing with a small steel platform welded to it can be inserted into the hitch receiver and provide a small platform for use as an "emergency workbench" at a motel parking lot for instance. A couple bolt holes in the plate to use for mounting a bench vice would just beat the heck out of pounding on some "press-fit" item on the asphalt in that motel parking lot. This little length of square tubing with a plate welded to it and a fair sized bench vice thrown in the back of the "trouble truck" wouldn't take up much room and could be a "Godsend" sometime,.....FWIW,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Clark - Glendale, WI on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Something like this?

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=9557

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Yup! Pretty much Bob. Only mine wasn't "Made in China"!.... ; o )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Clark - Glendale, WI on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Made right here in the USA. Idaho actually...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration