Question about the 1922 Centerdoor spare carrier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about the 1922 Centerdoor spare carrier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Is there something missing on this spare tire rack? Or are the two holes below the top rim clamp for a paddle lock? Any help is appreciated. Thx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/37893.html

Older post showing bracket spate rim lug and rim clamp that bolts to lug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

I hate those carriers, that's why I use a cradle...just throw the spare in and lock the bridge at the bottom, easy-peezy. That thing you always have to fight with, getting it or taking it off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Dan thank you!! I was right and as usual didn't know it. :-(

Martin, any chance of getting a picture of the cradle you mentioned? I'm curious to see if that would be a doable on this ole gal. Thank you !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Don,

This is what I have on our Fordor.

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Dan, it's a running board cradle and holds two.

I put a couple of rims in it to show how many it holds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 05:39 am:

Ok, I've seen those cradles but where do you get them from? Are they reproduced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 07:25 am:

A cradle like that would be in the way of opening the door on a closed car. I think they were intended for earlier non-demountable cars when you needed to carry two spares, for 30x3 in front and 30x3 1/2 in rear.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration