Putting a top on a 1912 Roadster. Need help...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Putting a top on a 1912 Roadster. Need help...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

My 1912 Mother-In-Law Roadster has never had a top. I want to put one on it. After seeing another 1912 roadster, it appears my seat is not from a 1912 T. It may be an older year T, or even an N,R,S vintage seat? The front sockets have a 9/16" square hole instead of a round hole. Across the width of the seat they measure only 41 and 9/16" center to center. The sockets are 6 and 3/4" back from the front edge of the seat. Another mystery is that rather than the trunk door dropping down to the floor, the entire mother in law seat goes up on a piano hinge at the top front of the seat. Any clues as to what seat this is? seat photosseat photostop viewback viewin law rearsocket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer, Milwaukee WI on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Does this seat look familiar to anyone? Definitely not correct for a 1912.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration