Return to sender...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Return to sender...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Been lurking on the forum for years but haven't figured out how to receive a private message from a member?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

When you "registered" initially, under preferences, you have a box which prohibits private messages from going to you, if you checked that box.
If you want messages to be received, uncheck that box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Oh, I thought by the title, you were going to play us Return To Sender by Elvis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Under "preferences" it says to enable the "cookie" option for private messaging to work. How do I do that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Unless there is something at fault in your system or something (I'm not a computer geek) I just clicked on your name here and it took me right to your profile to send to a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Yes, as Tyrone says, it's on your profile page. It looks like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Tim must have the option to suppress PMs unchecked on HIS profile to RECIEVE PMs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

If you have a spam filter such as aol provides, then messages from the Forum may appear in the spam file. I know they do for me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 06:35 am:

Thanks guys I figured it out. In the early 80s I was a computer geek but not so much nowadays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 07:58 am:

Ahh, Pac man on the Apple 2e. Such fun !

What fantastic changes in technology...wasn't that long ago that there were rotary telephones, free information calls & party lines.

Now we have air conditioned cars, roll up windows, radios and water pumps!

Colonize the moon in our lifetimes??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Dave Stop showing your age! :-)

BTW You forgot to mention TV remotes and wine in a box!

I can't believe the warm NH weather.
Did you take the T out last weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

What do you mean "were rotary telephones?" What do you think I have out in my shop???
Actually, I never call out on the shop phone, just answer it, rotary phone still works fine for that.
As for party lines, almost every time it rains here, we have "party lines"--cross talk, sometimes so clear you know what they're saying (usually complaining that they can hear you!). yes, we need new cables out here, NO, the phone company won't spring for them (they were going to then 2008 hit).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Remember when there was only 4 TV channels? How about 1-2 telephones in the house and nobody called during diner time?
My son found a VHS tape the other day and asked me what it was...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Fred,
The old cars are all in bed for the winter...squeezed together...would have liked to have gone for a ride...but....

(we had some sort of colored plastic sheet that we stuck on the TV screen...instantly turned the B & W TV to color....of course, some of the colors did not belong where they appeared, but it WAS color!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:46 am:

OUch, that hurts--I have boxes of VHS tapes, mostly trains. My nieces tell me that DVDs are now "old school"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Pergande on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:22 am:

I still record the news on a VHS everyday. I tried a DVD recorder and they are junk. I'd go thru 2 a year. And I still use 2 phones I bought when I was 19 in 1968. I still have and use my 1978 Silverado I bought new when I was 29. It looks almost new still.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration