Keyword search

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Keyword search
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Can anyone tell me why I always get an "internal error" message when I try to do a keyword search on the forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Try using Or instead of And. I find that works better when looking for authors. Others use Google and put MTFCA (or MTFCI for the other Forum) in as one of the query terms. That often works better and faster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Someone will - I cannot.

However, I will tell you that this Forum, like the Model T, is rather "mature", and like the Model T, will function very well for many uses...

BUT

it is not a very good search engine.

Mr. Google knows a tremendous amount about a lot of things...including what has been posted on this Forum.

If you want to know ANYTHING about the Model T that has been on this Forum, use your Google search box. Put your query in the search box, with as few words as possible, and after the question, insert the letters MTFCA, and 99% of the time you will get multiple "hits" which should answer your question.

Good Luck, and come often...and bring a couple friends with you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Gale,

If you want to stay in the forum search, you can't ask something general and just click 'go'.

The internal error is that it has found a gazillion matches and now doesn't know what to do. You have to look down and where it says Search topic: ALL FORUM you have to change it to a year and do them one at a time.

Alternatively, forget using the internal search function and do this in your browser search window

www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/mills where the last word is replaced by the search word you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I had the same problem. Go by each year. To much data to bring up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:33 am:

Thanks. Not limiting it to one year must be the problem. TMI!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:39 am:

Yeehaw, it worked!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Mark S. gave me an excellent suggestion that works! Using Google,(rather than MTFCA) type the subject you're wanting in the search window, then add mtfca at the end of that search subject. Using this approach has worked much better for me. Example: -Open a new tab/window for Google- type "new wood spokes mtfca" (without the quote marks.) Try it yourself and see what comes up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:44 am:

Dave, I'm sorry for repeating your earlier advice. I was in a hurry to offer a solution and hastily scanned your previous post. It does work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Absolutely no problem...

The issue was resolved, and Gale is happy...

I'm happy that you (Marv), and so many others are so willing to help a person in need.

Cheers,

Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration