Need Help Identifying This Large FORD Script Hubcap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need Help Identifying This Large FORD Script Hubcap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

This cap looks similar to a Buffalo wire wheel hub cap. I tried it on a Buffalo wire hub and it fit over the hub but it was just shy of the threads engaging.
Could it be for an earlier Ford then a Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:41 am:

Did Ford use that Type Face on the pre T's? To me it looks not quite right, like someone made it up. The quality is just not there like what you would expect from the era. Which will make the job even more fun, finding what it fits, maybe.
That's all I got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:54 am:

Bill Rader reproduction

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Layden, Could you expand on that. Was it supposed to be for Buffalo wheels? If so it really doesn't catch the hub threads well at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:11 am:

I agree with Layden, however, I've never seen a Rader cap that had the locking pin. I was on a tour a couple of years ago, and a '14 with one of Raders non locking pin hubcaps had come off, and the car was sitting in the middle of the road resting on it's backing plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:20 am:

there is a man in Iowa that has a speedster with early original Ford wire wheels 30 x 3 and 30 x 3 1/2 that have that hubcap, I would bet this is for original Ford early wire wheel he has the only set I have seen, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration