TT window lift stud

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT window lift stud
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sunny ormsby on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

i'm trying to locate a source for the stud (or anchor device) that keeps the window on a TT truck, in the closed position.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Need more intel ...

What kind of cab ? Which window ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

If you're talking about a Ford TT Closed Cab body, I used nickel plated Sam Brown buttons. They're an almost exact match to the originals They come with a press fit rivet but I didn't trust the rivet for this application so I tapped the button and used a pan head screw on the back side. I think I used a 6-32 tap and no drilling was required. They're plated brass.

If you're near a Tandy Leather store, they usually have them in stock. They also have the nickel grommets for the strap if you need them.

http://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/sam-browne-buttons-washers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Hope that helps!
redmodelt
from Fordbarn :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration