Anyone used this type of spark plug terminal.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone used this type of spark plug terminal.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

I have started getting things together for use on the engine area of the speedster project. I bought these a few years ago because I thought they were neat and different. When you slide the cap onto the spark plug wire, and then push the wire as far as you can onto the pointed stud, and then tighten the cap down, they are very tight and secure. I can not pull the wire back out no matter how hard I try. (within reason and not breaking something). So it appears to be a good design. I was just wondering if anyone has used these before or know what they are called. I think I will use them with the pink "Polonium" radioactive spark plugs. Thanks to fellow forum member Erich Bruckner I now have a set of four of the "Polonium" plugs to use. Thanks Erich.... have fun and be safe, Donnie Brown ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:25 am:

Neat, but I think you need purple glow-in-the-dark wires to go with those plugs!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 09:29 am:

David, I guess I could get some of the "tracer spark plug wires" They are clear with a red tint. When the spark plug fires they light up from end to end. Similar to a Christmas light string. They come in different color tints, so they may be available in pink/magenta. Its dangerous to make suggestions like that to me, It gets my "warped" brain started to thinking ... :-) :-) and then strange things happen ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 09:44 am:

They look similar to, but not quite identical to the old hot rod "Rajah" terminals. You might try checking with Speedway Motors, or this site:

http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/shopnow/show_dept.asp?dept_id=66&filter=&filterk ey=bsp&first=20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Mark, Thanks for the link. I may use some of the Rajah nickel plated terminals for the magneto end of the wires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 02:57 am:

Donnie,
Why do think I make such suggestions!!
:-)
Heh Heh Heh!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration