Bakersfield dates...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bakersfield dates...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

I saw a post in January about Bakersfield. And Freighter Jim told me that if was was to go to any swap meet/show Bakersfield is a must....

So I was wondering what are the official dates for this gathering?

I would like to purchase my flight now while prices are low.

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:20 pm:

And address that can come up on a map

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Robert last I knew was April 13-15 and my buddy got our hotel room already

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Ever been to Hershey? It is all week long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Kern County Fairgrounds, April 14-16.

While in Bakersfield you can't beat dinner at the Noriega Hotel. The last time I was there reservations were necessary. It's that popular.

For dessert it's Dewar's on Eye Street, an old-time ice cream parlor in business since the Depression.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Where is the announcement, flyer, etc. for the 2016 Bakersfield Swap Meet?
Kern County Model T Ford Club....what's up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 11:38 am:

Its a joint venture with the National HCCA and the Kern County Model T Club. Kern County Model T Club website not updated. Found this on the HCCA website. The swap meet is Friday April 15 & Sat April 16. Kern County Fairgrounds Belle Terrace & So. P Street, use Ming Ave off ramp from Hwy 99.
There is a local tour on Thursday.

swap meet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

If you can't get in at the Noriega, just up the street, next block, I think, is the Wool Growers, they serve all evening & dare I say, as good?? Old fashioned Family Style service, and you'd better be hungry!!
And yes, DeWar's!!!!!!!! Be prepared to wait though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

With regard to Noriega's...advertised as a Basque Hotel/restaurant. Well, that is all history. The food is not Basque...just plain old meat and potatoes...with some spaghetti. But the pickled tongue is semi-authentic. The best part is the jug of wine served with dinner and all of it costs only $20. Plenty to eat...and lots of comaraderie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 03:41 am:

Well, that's disappointing to hear. Last time I at at Wool Growers, it was Basque, through & through. Yumm, Of course, if you can't go to Bakersfield, there's always T J's in Minden, Nevada. Ooooooh boy!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Make sure to document that you were there with a dollar or five bill and they will give you the silver dollar to throw it and stick it to the ceiling. Good food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

A word of warning about Dewar's.

Two years ago I was with a couple of friends at the swap meet. In the middle of the afternoon we decided to beat the heat and go over to Dewar's for an ice cream sundae.

We had our sundaes and went back to the swap meet. What I really felt like doing was to take a nap to sleep off the sundae.

When dinner time came none of us could face a meal at Noriega's. We weren't the least bit hungry. We finally mustered up the energy to have an In 'N Out burger at about 8:00 PM.

The lesson is: Don't plan of going to Dewar's and Noriega's on the same day unless you have an enormous capacity for caloric intake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Jump

Jim Weir

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration