Success story about kids and cars – 1928-31 Fords but I think it is On Topic for our Ts also

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Success story about kids and cars – 1928-31 Fords but I think it is On Topic for our Ts also
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 08:07 am:

The recent Hemmings Motor New has a good article about how the New York Model A Ford club helps our youth become more involved and more likely to become future car guys and gals.

Maybe there are some ideas one or more of our clubs or even some of us individually could borrow and try?

Please see: http://blog.hemmings.com/?p=589881&utm_source=February+Part+1+2016&utm_campaign= February+2016+Part+1+-+News+at+Vintage&utm_medium=email

And let us know which of those ideas you may want to try or that you have seen tried already in your area. Or what other ideas would you suggest?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off
(Note if this has already been posted -- I missed it when I searched last night. If it has been posted please forgive me and please add a link to the previous posting.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

That is right in my back yard.

The dealership is about 15 miles from me. I think maybe part of the reason that dealer may have donated a bay is because they are not a big dealer, but they are one of the oldest in the area. Once you hit the Albany area where I am that would never happen, bays are money, a unused bay is loss money. Same thing happens at the truck shop I work in, the service dept will take every last inch they can to use it to make money on repairs.

Anyhow, the program in whole seems good. Our local T club is involved with the same museum teaching people about model T's, showing how they work and operate. The museum did a couple years ago have high schoolers come in and do restorative work to a TT truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Love it :-) Actually 2 summers ago my grandfather and I put the roadster in a Ford show at Jack's dealership. One of his employees asked us to keep an eye out for the metal stakes for the AA truck mentioned in the article since it was missing a few. Seems like a great group. What my grandfather loves is his first Model T, a maroon 1926 coupe with Ruckstell rear end and high compression head, is sitting in the corner of Jacks pole barn there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Hap, thank you for posting that.
Great article!
I also enjoyed the responses to the article a lot!
THAT made me think... Again...
If anyone read it and skipped out on the responses, you missed out.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 10:33 am:

I’m glad you enjoyed the article. I hope one of these days to get a little more caught up and to do more to help kids and others have the chance to catch the “Model T bug” or “Model T Affliction.”

Small world that two of you are that close to Jack Byrne Ford dealership. And I’m thankful he is helping out so much by making the shop space available.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration