A home-made Z tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A home-made Z tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 11:44 am:

I have the proper Ford wrench, but it's too worn to get a good grip. So I made this one that works. An 11/16" combination, a piece of 1" square tubing, a BFH, and heat. The offset is 2".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 11:49 am:

If I ever have to do that job, I'll use one of my crow's foot wrenches with a short extension. :-)

Any update on the hunt for acceptable runout?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Yep, I turned the shaft around 180 and it was down to .007". I checked it in three places on the shaft as Tom suggested, and it was the same all the way, so I'll try his remedy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration