Where does the battery cable support bracket is attached?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where does the battery cable support bracket is attached?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By V.Milke on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Can anybody shed some light here? I bought the part but cannot find where it is supposed to go.

Part 5047B in Lang's catalog.

Thanks!
victor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

Bolts to top of frame ,about 1/2 way between Battery and starter switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Found a picture, I hope it helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 01:11 am:

On 26-27 the bracket bolts to the bottom frame rail as noted in the photo above. On Pre-26 the bracket bolts to the top rail with the same bolt used for the fuel tank support bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By V.Milke on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Great! Thanks a lot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Look at the photo above. That is where they go. Your car will have that hole. Use it! It uses the same bolt as the controller shaft brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 11:17 pm:

Huh? What? Controller shaft bracket? Look at that photo again. :-) The control shaft is forward of the starter switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:43 am:

Larry is saying the bolt is the same sizes as the shift bracket bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By V.Milke on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 11:37 am:

"On Pre-26 the bracket bolts to the top rail with the same bolt used for the fuel tank support bracket."

Ken, thanks! I did find the hole just as you described and I installed the part already. By the way, the one I bought came galvanized, but I would think most model T parts were black, so I am thinking of painting it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration