Old Photo - 1920's Newspaper Vendor Washington City Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - 1920's Newspaper Vendor Washington City Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:24 am:

A very interesting photograph. I was/am astounded to see the National cash register (well, any cash register) on the push cart as they are not a lightweight item. In a previous life I was a mechanical cash register technician. That one appears to be a 100 Class machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

I wonder what the third car back is? Not a Rolls Royce. I don't think it is a McFarlan. My guess would be a Moon, they used that style radiator for about two years ('26/'27 I think, I know, I should go look it up). Rollin is another albeit rare possibility. Maybe a better fit with the earlier ford and Chevrolet between it and the carts. Rollin used that style around '21/'22 if I recall correctly.
Anybody else with speculations (or better yet, a definitive idea) what that car is?

And so many interesting buildings and businesses.
Another wonderful photo!
Thanks Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Wayne, Roamer comes to my mind. Just a guess.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

I knew there was another "R" I couldn't think of! Thanks Richard E.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

YMHA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:10 am:

Gary:

Young
Men's
Hebrew
Association

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:56 am:

The Model T in the foreground on the left seems to have a custom hood with angled louvers and a cap that covers the top of the rad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Erik, Thanks. I never knew.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

An authentic newsboy cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

They had hebrews back then ??? !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Dave, I think those fenders may be aftermarket too. There was another posting awhile back that had a T equipped the same way. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Yes. the YMHA building at 400 11th Street NW is gone and so are the rest of the buildings except for the "Printing & Books" one in the very left corner of the old photo. That building is in the left corner of the "today" view.

It is still a very busy place.

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration