It's a boy!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: It's a boy!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

I can't thank my local DMV enough for cutting through the red tape and using common sense when dealing with these old untitled farm vehicles. Today, I took in my bill of sale, a cert. of non-op, a statement of facts, a picture of the engine serial number, and a picture of the truck. The DMV clerk looked at all the docs, said normally they require a physical inspection, but she can see its non operable. So she used the "power of her own discretion" and issued me a title for my recently purchased 26 Model TT. The clerks in our local office have always been friendly, efficient, and willing to find ways to make it happen. I'm very grateful to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

You lucked out.. DON

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

You need to go back and take her a box of chocolates or thank you flowers.... you never know when you are going to need to title another T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

As nice and harmless as the chocolates/flowers idea seems, I would recommend checking first before acting. The may have strict rules concerning acceptance of "gratuities", you sure don't want to get her into trouble! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Better go buy some lottery tickets while you still have the lucky touch!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

There have been plenty of horror stories about dealing with the DMV in many jurisdictions, including California, but I must say my experience at the San Pedro office was surprisingly simple and easy. I think it probably depends on which individual you encounter. Some people see public service as their duty to be helpful, and others feel obliged to make things as difficult as they can manage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Wow, that's great! Maybe I'll go to Lakeport the next time I need DMV assistance!
There was at least one clerk in the local office here who's attitude was, "You're in my office, you must be doing something illegal!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

Not here in my county. They insisted i could only apply for the tag when the car was operational. We cant apply for title in Georgia on any car older than 1987. I really just wanted to get the paper work so it would be behind me while i am spending money. At that time it takes a local sheriff to look the vehicle over and sign off. I hate calling them to come out!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Califunny has had an "operational condition" rule for many years. I often hear of people getting around it with the help of a nice clerk, but have not been successful myself in that way for almost 40 years.
So, CONGRATULATIONS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

When I bought Rusty I had him on a trailer... head and hood off, all Rusty, no top or interior, front wheels only, etc.

When I dragged him down to the DMV the lady came out to look it over. She said she couldn't make out the engine number so I turned the rig around go get sun on it. Then she says OK, engine and frame match. We went inside the DMV and I produced papers. She then says I can't register because she can't tell if I'm telling the truth about the year (1927 with a 14999XXX number). So I pulled out Bruce's book and showed her the serial number and the date the car was built. She refused to register it. I was very nice, but wouldn't leave with a turn-down.

Just then the manager came over and asked what the problem was She says she has no way to know the book is correct. The manger sticks his head out of the door and looks at the car parked about 100 yards away, noticing that it looked like a pile of rusty junk on the way to a scrapper he said "no one would lie about a car that looks like THAT, register it!"

I should have been offended, instead I paid my money and thanked the "nice" lady.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 01:24 am:

Nationally published book, highly documented information; but she can't believe the book is correct! Ya lucked out with the supervisor!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration