Did anyone else get this message from Jose Maria Zapico?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Did anyone else get this message from Jose Maria Zapico?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

I received this request for Model T info today.

"Dear Mike:

Im contacting you to explain my request. Im studying mechanical engineering at Seville University (Spain), and Im doing the final project about the famous Ford model T. Im trying to model some parts or group of parts of this incredible car and I need several information, plans and literature to do it. Could you provide me the plans, measures, dimensions and technical information about engine, transmission, brakes, gearbox...etc? I would be very grateful and I will give you my final project when I finish it.

Thank you very much and I await a reply."

It doesn't sound like the typical spam message, and there's no request for personal info, so I'm thinking it's a legit request. I know that many of you are much more efficient at keeping links to informative topics than I am, so I'm wondering whether you can provide some links to the info he's looking for which I could send him to help in his project. You may post them here or send me a PM. My email address is at the bottom of my profile page. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

I got one also. Sent him to MTFCA web site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

Mike,

If this person has access to a computer & the internet,
they can find the information a lot more readily than
by emailing you or anyone else by merely doing a search

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Have you ever tried to find measured drawings of the engine and transmission on the Internet? Good luck with that. You might find bits and pieces from when someone here posted a "portion" of a print but they don't exist otherwise. I know, I've tried.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, February 26, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

A rule of thumb I've recommended to my friends in the past. If this stranger came knocking at your door tonight asking the same question, what would you do?

Just opening his email could expose your computer to spyware and other hideous crap.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration