1927 radiator mounting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1927 radiator mounting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 05:03 am:

Does any one have a photo of the correct mounting of a 1927 Coupe radiator.... thanks for any help ... Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 06:07 am:

Joe, these drawings really helped me to understand how it goes together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 06:09 am:

Joe- not quite sure what your concern is, but if how to mount it with the mounting kit, then this may help. The image came from the forum at some point in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 06:22 am:

Great picture John.

Some time ago I asked about the correct finish of the thimble and cap which are zinc plated here. The concensus was that they were raven finished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Eric and John
Great pictures
Thank you
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

This is what I do. I put the the flat nut on the bottom with the cotter pin in and the springs and thimbles on and then tighten down everything (without the radiator). When I get the spring under the frame member compressed, I put a block of wood or metal between the end of the stud and the bottom frame rail. Then unscrew the top nut. This will keep the bottom spring compressed and the stud sticking up high enough to get the nut on after you place the radiator. Then when you get the top nut on, you can take out the block of wood under the stud. I find this the easiest way to get things together.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration