Old Photo - Haifa Tzemach Damascus Railroad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Haifa Tzemach Damascus Railroad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:48 am:

They must be going through some rough neighborhoods. Check out the machine gun mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Well Damascus is in Syria, Eric. What do you expect?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire's Hejaz railway that T. E. Lawrence had so much fun disrupting.
Google it.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Terry, on my second look I see there are two heavy machine guns with drum magazines. So I guess nothing much has changed in Syria since the model T days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry DeLong in Cleveland TN on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Those are both Lewis air-cooled LMGs-47 round drums fitted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Erik nothing much has changed in that part of the world since the 1800's when the Barbary Pirates captured the merchant ship Philadelphia and sold it's crew as slaves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

I guess I'll cross that off my travel bucket list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Eric, you are a bit late anyway. They tore it up in 1948.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration