Clutch assembly: a little glitch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Clutch assembly: a little glitch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

This will be old hat to some, but if you've never assembled a clutch watch out for this.

After you put in the .120" spacer the disks go on top of it alternating big, little, big, little, big, little, etc. It's easy for oily disks to stick together so you end up with two bigs or two littles together. You can guess how I know this.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

I wish I had a stack of those in my 14. I put some kind of "better than original" clutch discs in it years ago. I put the original discs back in my 21 and they shift nice and smooth. The "better" ones seem to grab and jerk. Too bad it's a pain to change them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Yep, that's why my T's have the stock clutch which works every bit as good as the "improvement" clutches if not better.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

I can't read what two down and four across is! :-) but I do remember having the oily disc's stick together.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration