Browsing The Old Forums

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Browsing The Old Forums
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

I was looking at the old Forums in a half hearted attempt to find out how far I actually went back as far as postings go. I know I'm well over 10 years but couldn't find any really early postings. What struck me is how many names you just don't see any more and some of these guys were quite prolific back in the day. Time marches on I guess. I think we all got "leveled out" a few years ago so I suppose there's no real way to tell how long it's been.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

For some it's better that they didn't come back. I think they'll say the same about me when I'm gone. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

Charlie,

We all got leveled out and had to start from '0' all over again a few years back. I forget exactly when.

Here's one for you...were you on here when TREE VIEW was the only view? I'd have to ask others for what date that transition was but something tells me about '03?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

I don't remember exactly when I started on here? But we were living in Livermore at the time, and that ended about fifteen years ago. An additional problem is, I used a pseudonym back then, and even I don't remember what it was, so I might even not be able to find me.
There were a few system crashes. One I remember, there had been quite a discussion about the real history of the brass '16 center-door sedans. There was a lack of archival record, and few photos to support any specific belief. As a former owner of a brass supposedly early '16 center-door, I had some opinions (Who? Me!? Opinions?). I wrote one of the longest postings I had ever written, before or since. It was there. For a few days. About a week after that posting, the site crashed, and about a month's worth of postings were lost without backup. Unfortunately, I had not kept a separate copy myself either. I have never wanted to try to rewrite that piece. And it was probably at least two years before I posted anything more than a paragraph long. Anybody that reads much of this forum and has ever noticed me, KNOWS I can write as long as almost anyone (except maybe Hap?). (And I don't claim any of my posts to be nearly as good as what Hap can do.)
And, yes, the site did have a crash just a few years ago, which set all our odometers back to zero. So if you look up my profile (or any other long-time heavy poster), and check out the number of postings as listed on that profile? It ain't even half way to right!

I probably do spend way too much time on here. But I like this place and most of the people that frequent this place.
By the way, I used to often joke that it was probably my long post that crashed the site. I was just kidding. Or was I? One never knows? Does one?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I did a search of the 2005 forum, it has entries by Norm Kling, Les Von Nordhiem and Gene Carrothers just to name a few. My name is mentioned in the thread on the raging fires, we evacuated but lost nothing except the garden well.
It seems that the search looks in the text of the threads, not in the titles. I guess that is a different function. I did try the Google mtfca 2005 forum search for my name but it never showed the early entries. There must be a way......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

I've posted on an off since the forum started, because I have emails printed from the forum back in the 1990's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

My posting started about 03 maby? Maby earlier but that was when i know I got my dump bed and had started digging back into my TT project.
I have not done much T related this winter or anything else for that matter since I have not been feeling well. But once I get recovered after mondays adventure, Maby my T related post count will increase again.
There are some I really miss on here. Some were opinionated but hey who aint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 12:36 am:

There are some remains from the early forum c:a '98-'00 compiled into a long info page here: http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/adrian/webinfo.html

I started to read the forum about 01. Feelings ran high after some redesign of the forum in 02, and Mtfca withheld their support and closed it for a time, I think. That resulted in "everybody" moving over to the Mtfci forum as it was by then. Tony Cimorelli took over the running of their website and was very active - he scanned hundreds of interesting Ford books and brochures and made them available for Mtfci members. Thus he was elected to their board of directors, but didn't get much support for his ideas - something happened with that forum too, can't really remember what, but the bulk of Model T discussions on the net moved back to the MTFCA forum about 2006 and has stayed over here since then. The Mtfci forum 2002-06 was lost, I think. Some postings here has also been lost after 2006, but there are still a vast amount of knowledge to gain from searching what's left :-)

Here's a first page from the early forum - though unfortunately you can't read the posts, just the headlines: https://web.archive.org/web/20141025034358/http://www.mtfca.com/forums/forum45/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 01:16 am:

In fact, now you can read the old posts from the 2001 forum in the link I posted above - in earlier years when I first found that link, all the posts were unavailable. But now, when I had to go to the Wayback Machine to find it, it's been reconnected with the old posts :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration