Old Photo - Model T Touring Car Turned Rail Speeder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Touring Car Turned Rail Speeder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Interesting set-up. I don't know the first thing about rail cars, but I wonder why they used a 4 wheel truck on the front instead of just 2 wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

The 4 wheel truck has better tracking and stability I believe. It's a very interesting setup to say the least. I'm working on a 1914 light delivery railtruck. I have a set of 20 inch railcar wheels. My railcar wheels have the exact same hub bolt pattern as Model T hubs! What luck! Make some spacers to put it in gauge, and away ya go! So I can remove and switch out road wheels for rail wheels fairly easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

Somewhere I have a reference as to where and when this was taken. If memory
serves, it was in Washington state (the wet side, OBVIOUSLY !) and the shot is of
the Sunday go-to-town run (note the clothing) for the loggers working out of a woods
camp. Most of these camps were MILES away from the nearest road or settlement
and only accessible by the rail line used to take the logs out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Hey Burger, is that a cheap shot for us less fortunate west side folks???? We don't have the fine warm weather that you enjoy. We have the rain and drizzle. We do have nice green trees and grass.

However we don't need barb wire fences as you do to stop the grocery bags and tumble weed from blowing 1/2 way across the state.

just kiddn'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:10 am:

Cheap shot, no. I speak from a terrible time in my life .... :-)

Through some poor choices on the part of my parents, I did 30 years hard time
in the dark, wet, and grey of those nasty swamps ... Kirkland, Redmond, Snohomish,
Bellingham, Everett, Olympia, points south all the way to the Umpqua. Then one
day it hit me ... no one was holding a gun to my head to stay ... and I left !

Between the endless sprawl, the absurd real estate prices, the stunt driver training
center of the world, and 600 days of dark and rain a year .... why live in hell ??? :-)

It might be fun to go visit once in a while, but I have "seen the light" and only wish
I could have those 30 years back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 02:20 am:

I wonder if those rear fronts scrape the fender.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration