My '24 model T - 5 years in Russia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My '24 model T - 5 years in Russia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 03:57 am:

2010, Michigan, US
2015, Tula, Russia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 04:20 am:

It is always good to see that you are still enjoying that model T!
Thank you for sharing the recent photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Looking good, Michael. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:07 am:

I take it you sold it to someone in Russia, or did you drive it there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Looks like he drove it across the polar ice cap to Russia. (I actually think he shipped it by boat). His profile says he lives in Russia so I think he took the car with him or bought it from someone in Michigan.

All the above is in the third person. Below is in second person.

Congratulations, Michael, on your beautiful car. It must be quite an attention getter in Russia.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Michael, Great looking 24! I am guessing you do not drive it around much in the Winter over there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Great looking car. :-) My Russian 1954 SKS was manufactured in Tula. I heard that plant is still open even.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Daniel, we bought 2 model T's in USA. One for me and one for my friend - Moto-museum owner. After 2 years he sold his '23 T to collector from Moscow. I keep him on contact.

I'm not going to sell my T, I enjoy it :-)
Last Sunday it was filming the piece for Russian main TV channel:

Now the spring is coming, so it will be some fun with T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 01:04 am:

Matthew, yes - you mean Simonov's carabine, I think. Tula weapon plant is still alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 08:02 am:

Michael,

Any idea of how many Ts are in Russia (museums and running ones like yours)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 09:31 am:

Ron, I think that less than 100-150

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Yikes! That white stuff is still around? We hit 97F and 94F on Monday and Tuesday of this week. Back to normal temps of 75+ for highs the rest of the week. A "cold" front is coming on Saturday. We'll drop into the 60s. :-)

The Touring looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, March 18, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Mishka, It's good to see you are still active with your "T". I really enjoy the videos you have shown us about the old car collectors in Russia. Any new vids coming in the future?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration