Glazing Putty

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Glazing Putty
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:02 am:

I do my own painting, and minor body work. Here in California with all of their stupid EPA rules, they have outlawed the old lacquer glazing putty. I don't care what the brand is, or whether it is grey, green, or red, I just want to be able to buy the old fashioned stuff. Is it available in other states, or has it been outlawed in the entire country? I'd even buy a used tube if anyone has one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Larry,

It is on the shelf here. Let me know I can send some. We have PPG and Dupont brands handy in local stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Showing my dumbness...but...

I 'thought that Cali-funny just prohibits the over the counter sale of things...

That they have yet to zing internet sales? (I could be wrong on that)

Amazon.com has the Evercoat 403 Red and their site says they ship ground to all the lower 48

http://www.amazon.com/Evercoat-403-Ever-Glaze-Spot-Putty/dp/B000Q8I2VK/ref=pd_rh f_se_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZC3WF0JYFKPZX10CG63

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:47 am:

You can still purchase in Georgia. For now anyway. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Nitrostan (red) is very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Psst! We buy lots of things from Amazon because it is no longer available in Califunny. Sometimes they do notify us that something cannot be shipped to here. Usually, it just shows up a couple days later.

Me, skulking back into the shadows of sanity in an insane place. Most of the PC mandates around here do more harm to the environment than what they are forcing change against ever did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

I asked for Nitostan at the auto body supply place here in Florida and the kid behind the counter looked at me as If I had 2 heads. He said he had never heard of it. Another older guy they called over knew what it was but said no one uses it anymore because there are much better products on the market today. I'd like to know what they are or were they just giving me a line because they don't carry it. Should I be using something else and if so what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Yes, there are two-part glazing putties that don't shrink like the Lacquer ones do.
However, if you want a small amount, go to a hobby store and get "Squadron Green" glazing putty, same old thing, but green color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Val, ask for a "kombi" putty. It's slang for "combination". Pronto is a common brand and it's good stuff. Get Sikkens brand "kombifiller" if you can find a store that carries Akzo-Nobel products. It's smoother and has a little longer work time. They are simple one-part air dry technology and have a multitude of uses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Larry, I got you some when you asked me about it. I just haven't sent it yet. I will do so tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Thanks Walter. I will see if I can get it here or on the internet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

eastwood would not ship me certain products due to ma voc laws. I called speedway in Nebraska whom prob never heard of Massachusetts and they shipped me whatever I wanted :-) Check and see if out of state places have what you want. Or just have a model t friend bend the law for you. But really these laws get all bent out of shape about a quart of filler here or there? If they only knew about the ten gallons of gas my rolled jeep spilled in the woods!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Larry I'm live in Nevada it's availible here drop a note I can be a partner in crime

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration