Whaat ever happened to the posting of saving old broken parts ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Whaat ever happened to the posting of saving old broken parts ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

There was a thread about furnace brazing old broken engine blocks by using a spare one to cut off pieces in order to save one of them. I attempted to add to it about saving the two up two down Ed Winfield engine block and was advised that I was not authorized to post on this site and then that string was deleted. Why ?

Also I am often prompted to save my name and password for posting but it only lasts one day, WHY ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534405.html

The thread is locked because it's an "old" 2015 topic and the forum software requires starting over each year to keep page-loading times reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Frank, just post your new stuff here in this thread - now that Derek posted a link to the old thread here, folks can click on Derek's link and see what was in the 2015 thread. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Thanks all, the Ed Winfield two up two down block had thrown a rod at one time and was patched in an unattractive manner. The new owner Rick Rawlins had it properly repaired by cutting out the old patch and replacing it with a section of a sacrificial block.

Notice the Ed Winfield made a cam shaft with a worm gear drive to run the distributor because he ran his oil pump from the front of the cam shaft.

2 u 2 d a

Block before replacing bad patch with a part from a sacrificial block

2u 2d b

Ed's block before patching showing the distributor drive gear and the hellacious closing drop of the cam lobes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

Ed Winfield and Chris Egsgaard with the two up two down engine on the table at a meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Ed and Chris

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration