'26 Touring Splash Shields

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '26 Touring Splash Shields
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 03:58 am:

How difficult of a job is it to remove and replace splash shields on a '26 Touring? Does the body have to come all of the way off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:09 am:

Not difficult. There might be a couple of wood screws into a body block and they're bolted to the front and rear fenders. The body does not sandwich them like it does in the earlier cars.

I think the service manual has a how-to near the back in the improved car section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:28 am:

The service manual is online here: http://mtfci2002.readyhosting.com/manuals/Model_T_Service_Manual/mtsm.html
It's on side 270. You'll have to remove the running boards first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

WOW! Maybe not as tough of a job as I thought! Maybe even an old guy like me can do it. Might be the only difficulty might be a rusted bolt or two that might need to be cut off with a Dremel or something. Thanks guys for the help & encouragement,......harold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration