Old Photo - That's A Lot Of Bricks For Twenty Horse!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - That's A Lot Of Bricks For Twenty Horse!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 10:54 am:

TT with a Ruckstell, it would climb straight up a wall in low, low. Bricks didn't matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I've hauled my full bed, stacked to the window. Slow on hills, but otherwise, no problems ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Don't know if the brakes on the TT were better then the car. With that load going up a slope, I would want an open cab for easy exit too! Hope he had a full tank of gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

I'd imagine the tranny brake on a TT works considerably better than on a T due to the low gear ratio worm and ring gears in the rear end. TT's also have a much better parking brake than a normal T.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Stephen,
The transmission brake on a TT is identical to the one on a regular T. The low ratio rear end produces less speed so when the truck is empty I guess it works OK, but with a load like the one pictured I believe the weight would be the determining factor as to effectiveness.

The parking/emergency brake drums and shoes are larger so there's more contact surface.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration