Ocala Winter tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ocala Winter tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 09:55 am:

Looks like the weather is looking great for the Winter tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

Ya, and it sure would be nice to see some pictures! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Here is one from First day Sunday. Having too much fun to post. Drove 110 miles today! Great back roads and fun stops for sightseeing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Another

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Thanks, Dan!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 08:16 am:

thanks Dan;
Sure missing the tour and friends.
RDW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

We got mobbed by 2500 people when we pulled into Brownwood. It was nuts! I got nabbed into a 10 minute TV interview before I even knew what was happening. There were people waiting there for several hours before we got there and every car seemed to have a small crowd around it asking questions. Our 15 minutes of fame!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Jerry, You simply must tell us what Brownwood is...
An ice cream stop? Lunch stop? Old folks home? Inquiring minds need to know. :-)

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Perhaps Brownwood is a lunch counter at an old folks home that has ice cream! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Local news ...

@ http://www.ocala.com/article/20160225/ARTICLES/160229863

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

From the article link:

" A comeback of the original T might might be just the remedy for distracted driving: A driver is too busy to even hold a cell phone. "

Perhaps this is the answer for folks ticketed for " distracted driving " ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

OK, I found it. "Brownwood" is Brownwood Town Square, a new development within The Villages. And you guys and gals probably were the hit of the day for everyone there.

Is there a link to seeing Jerry on TV? That sounds like fun!!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Brownwood is a huge retail / entertainment square in the Villages. They had us arrive thru the middle of the square and then park in a big lot about a block away. All of the people knew where we were parking and the lot was packed with people even without the cars! With all the people looking and asking questions, it was like a day at Old Car Festival rolled into an hour. It was amazing. Kim and I were able to escape after about a half hour and had ice cream at "Scooples". Hopefully someone has some pics they could post, we were swamped so fast, we didn't have a chance to take any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

Bunch of old retired folks who had nothing else to do for entertainment live there, all driving golf carts. It was one of many great days we have had on the Winter Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Just got home from another great Winter T Tour.

Some of the many scenes and stops.

A rather nice Couplet on tour!

Nice accessory!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Right hand drive T

with upside down timer!

T doing the racing around the pylons used by the horse carts...posted slower time than those horses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Today the tour stop was an aircraft owners neighborhood, all homes must have a hanger and airplane. They share the roads as taxiway to the centrally located runway. FL has over 40 of these really special neighborhood for flyers.

Pete and Mary Ratledge (DE) showing how to crank their 1911, behind them is this experimental aircraft.

and my tour T, Nellie, with Vincent Van Goat in the pickup bed...

oh...some rather nice homes, hangers and planes in this place. The across the street neighbors have a place known as 'gone to heaven'. This retired airline pilot and former helicopter business owner has all the toys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Dan, Thanks for posting these really nice pictures.

Is that George Akin's maroon speedster I see on one of the pictures?

I really like the last picture showing the plane raised up so cars can be parked underneath it. On that last picture, what is that parked on the far right side of the picture? A motor home? Just wondering.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Keith, he had a Profoste, Lamborini, Testla, train layout, and aerobatic Debonaire in his hangar. A great time was had by all on the five day tour. Next year is already in the planning stages and will be at Crystal River over on the Gulf side at the Plantation Inn. We enjoyed five days of wonderful weather also. George had his 14 touring here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

David, Do you have the dates for next years tour yet?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Keith, Next year we will be at the Plantation in Crystal River, March 4th thru March 8th. Quite a few have already signed up as of now. Stay tuned more exciting news. Everyone would be wise to sign up earlier since we reluctantly were forced to turn several away. The Plantation is taking reservations now, so mention you are with the Winter Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Ramsey on Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

Although I have followed this forum for a long time this is my first post. I wanted to say how much Sheryl and I enjoyed our first ever tour and to thank Steve and the Tin Lizzie's of NC Florida for a wonderful winter tour. We met so many fantastic folks and we really appreciated how friendly, kind, and helpful they were. Special thanks to Roy, Pat, Dick, Denis, Melodie and so many others. I am posting a couple more interesting photos from the winter tour. Hope to see you all in Crystal River next year.
Wooden freeze plug
I know some folks use nickels for freeze plugs so is this a "wooden nickel"? Taken at downtown Ocala square.

This "young gentleman" wanted his picture taken with me and our 1925 Touring since he was born the same year. What a large and great group of folks who came out at the Villages.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration