25/26 parts question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 25/26 parts question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 07:49 am:

will a 25 hood fit to a 26 radiator shell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 08:48 am:

Yes, the radiator shrouds were basically the same in shape 1924-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:53 am:

The front of a 26/27 hood is 1+1/8 inch larger than the front of a 23-27 hood... And I've seen quite a few fairly sloppy fits where a early shroud was used on a 26-27 or vice-versa... I have always thought that there was about a half inch length difference in the radius when comparing proper 23-27 and 26-27 shrouds that accounted for this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

My 24 fit my later nickel shell just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

Adam, I have seen this sloopy also. Does not look pretty. Is Exactly why I asked my question. Thanks all. This is for a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 01:53 am:

I looked in my 1926 Ford parts book. It lists the same part # for the steel radiator shroud 1923-26. The low style shroud is listed 1917-23, guess that's the origin of the early / late 1923 talk. The nickeled shroud is listed for 1925/26.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration