OT OT OT Hyd clutch slave

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT OT OT Hyd clutch slave
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:04 am:

HI, Iam working on a racing project and need to use a hyd clutch slave throw out set up. I have one for a 1.125 input shaft but need one for a 1.375 input shaft. Local parts house cant help. Thanks for any help you can give, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 04:05 am:

Curious? What did the 1.375 input shaft have?
It must ride on a 'snout'= do you have enough
meat on the snout to turn it down to 1.125 thats
only about .250. Has to have a snout (what I call
it) that throwout bear. rides on and hold input
shaft bearing....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Sam, 1.375 10 spline has been around since the Model A and maybe before that in other brands. Iam putting a racing planetary transmission in a Dodge Viper for a guy. Throw out bearings have always been on a collar for many years. But going with a hyd setup is just a few hoses that fit into tight places. Ford and many others have gone this way for years. But I can only find them for the smaller shafts. There must be something out there that uses a larger one. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Scott, try these out...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/throwout-bearings/throwout-bearing- style/hydraulic/bearing-retainer-diameter/1-375-in?N=4294924698%2B4294880800%2B4 294873223&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

A suggestion
I have a 2000 F250 diesel with a ZF 6 spd manual. It has a hydraulic clutch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Hi Chad, Ok you hit the nail on the head. I tried to find a kit on the web but must have asked for the wrong thing. This will do what I want. Thanks again to Chad and everyone who pitched in and gave it some thought, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Check with speedway motors they have a number of hydraulic clutch kits. I purchased one for my 1928 sprint car restoration and it worked out perfectly. They are available in different bore sizes depending on how much pressure you need. Also available in either pendent type or floor mounted styles.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration