Body Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Body Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:20 am:

Can anyone tell me if you can bondo over POR15? Also, I am replacing the lower rear panel below the rear window on my 26 tudor. When I finally got the panel removed (after much help from all of you kind knowledgeable people on this forum) there was a fabric strip on each side of both side edges. I don't see the strip in any catalog, only seam sealer. Can someone tell me how to proceed with this when I put in the new panel and put the whole assembly back in the car? Thanks, Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:28 am:

You can Bondo over red oxide primer and grey primer as well as lacquers and epoxy paints, so I see no reason why you could not Bondo over POR 15. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 01:04 am:

Rand,
The fabric stuff you found was/is old fashioned Friction Tape, an electrical supply house should have some.
I think you have to sand the POR 15 first, the surface finish is too glossy & slick for the "Bondo" to adhere to it. Check their website!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Thanks David. I'll check

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration