Paypal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Paypal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 04:53 am:

I haven't used paypal in a long time for a sale on ebay. I got an email from Paypal that stated I won't get my money until 21 days? Is this right or did I do something wrong? I don't like having to wait 21 days before I get paid. What method is there besides paypal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 06:52 am:

That sounds weird to me. I sold runningboards to a guy and he paid via paypal, used the "transfer to friends" or something like that, no fee, got my money the next day. Was this before you started the payment process? If so, sounds like a scam to me. I get "Paypal emails" every so often and delete them. They're scam junk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 07:01 am:

No, it's paypal.
I just check and I have a pmt pending. It says that if I get verified I can get my money sooner so I gave my cell number and I received a call and had to give them a PIN number. It says the sooner I ship it and give a tracking number, the sooner I get paid. I can sell up to $1000 and then I have to start waiting up to 21 days for pmt, the way I understand it..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 07:07 am:

It used to be based on your buyer feedback rating. If you have more than 5% dissatisfied customers, you fall into the 21-day restriction policy. This will also put restrictions on your listing capabilities. Any time you receive a 1 or 2 on the DSR ratings, that's considered a dissatisfied customer.

Gut-up and quite messing with customers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Get verified... very important. Trust me, I have been burned by non verified when selling on eBay. By you becoming verified it protects others that have verification and gives piece of mind to those buyers.

Also make sure that you say that you will only accept payments from verified PayPal accounts. Because odds are if they are not verified it is a scam...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Ken,
I opened a paypal account with my internet provider email address years ago but never used it until now because I had a PP through my yahoo email address. I thought I would use my original email address through my provider to keep things simple and not have to go to yahoo to send invoices and check emails form buyers. Maybe that is the problem, maybe I should have kept my old paypal account since it is all I ever used in the past. However, I do have a 100% positive feedback rating on eBay.
Not sure what you mean with the Gut-up comment?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:31 am:

I have a question that maybe some here can answer.
I use to sell on Ebay but if I remember (its been a while) it became necessary to use PayPal for sellers to use.

I still buy on Ebay but I only use a MO for purchasing. I contact the seller FIRST to see make sure they will take it for payment. Most will.

I don't use PayPal and never have.
I guess the idea is to use it so people can make the transaction faster.
Is the PayPal requirement still necessary? And by the way I have a 100% Ebay rating.

And if you ask me why I don't its simply because I don't trust it.
Yes I know most if not all money transactions are done on-line nowdays. I just don't want my info
all over any more than I have to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:39 am:

I have found the rules changed if you ad a tracking number they release your money if not you have to wait 21 days or unit there is proof of delivery. This has increased shipping because now you have to track your package.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:11 am:

This is only happening to Robbie because he did not have a verified Pay Pal account. When you do that the PayPal bank can't do electronic transfers, so you don't get paid as fast.

Pay Pal is awesome, I love it, and have hundreds of successful transactions as both a buyer and seller, using it for eBay, and many other companies. Pay Pal operates using typical practices used by any bank or credit card company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:14 am:

Colin,
You are right because when I checked into paypal it asked for a shipping label and a tracking number. In years past I would email the tracking number to the buyer on my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:17 am:

There is another side to it, though, that in my view makes Paypal worth the money. Paypal is watching out for scammers and slippery sellers. I recently had a deal where I was trying to buy some carbs from a guy in Ontario. He took my Paypal money and finally shipped me the carbs I bought the first time. They were OK, not exactly as advertised but OK. So then he had some more desirable carbs (I had already wasted several hours identifying them, telling him what they would fit, might be worth, etc.) He sold me two pretty sorry OF's for $200 shipping included. Never got them because he never shipped them.

Paypal refunded my money after 30 days with no contact from me because he had not shipped them. I had contacted him a couple times, he said he had shipped them, he never had; then he had some cock and bull story about the post office was tracking them because of my address not being certified, etc., and they were trying to find them to deliver them to me, etc.

I'd have been out my $200 plus the other money he wanted me to send so he could "Ship them all in one box to save shipping."

I do a lot of business with paypal. It costs money to do business, I figure it is just part of the cost of doing business, just like paying for my web sites, ebay fees, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Several years ago, I did a handful of projects for a one-woman translation company in Belgium. She didn't have a US dollar bank account, and the cost of having her bank issue a check in dollars was prohibitive. We hit on the idea of using Paypal and we split the fee between us. Worked fine. It's not just for buying stuff on line....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald L Babb - Tacoma, WA on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Like Robbie, I have purchased often with PayPal on eBay but have just started selling after many years. Until you have a track record as a seller it appears they won't release your funds for 21 days or a shipment delivery notification?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

As a long time power seller on eBay, the Paypal scenario has been up and down. Seperate compnay and then eBay purchased it and now they are splitting off again. Used to be that if you sold on eBay, you HAD to use Paypal, not I think you can take CC's direct and always take a check or money order if you elect to do so on your listing.

IMO, both eBay and Paypal are slanted towards protecting buyers more than sellers. There is a eBay Buyer Protection Plan, but no Seller Protection Plan. If you sell and the buyer files a dispute, your money is instantly frozen until the matter is resolved. Buyers can leave negative and neutral feedback, but sellers can only leave positive or none.

So it depends on what side of the fence you are using eBay and Paypal for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

I run about 50 ads for sale weekly on ebay. I normally get my money anytime after the customer pays their bill with funds in their paypal account. If a customer has money in the paypal account you can access immediately but if they pay using a credit card or money from a attached bank account it can take up to a couple weeks. Just what i have seen!! Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration