Engine Stands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine Stands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Would like to see pictures of your engine stands. Looking to build a stand that will support the engine while out of the vehicle. On wheels would be even better. I am sure there are a number of great ideas out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Heres an easy conversion for a harbor freight type stand. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

I have a couple of these made for T rolling engine stands, Lang's sells, made in USA by one of our hobbyist's. Neat, folds up when not in use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Here is a stand I built awhile back. It was to pick up and haul a engine with, and also to store it till I installed it. Very light, moves very easily with the larger wheels. The only thing I would change if I build another is to move the rear wheels back about 3 or 4 inches. It could tip up onto its tail because of the transmission weight behind the wheels. Its not bad now, and you have to actually try to tip it up for it to tip. But, that is somewhat of a good feature. By scotching the rear wheels and tipping it up onto the rear of the trans, makes it very easy to put the stand on the engine or take it off. I just put a piece of plywood for the engine to stand on, while installing the stand to the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

I like them. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Slip over to Jack Putnam's at Bluffton,Ohio.I think he makes them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 04, 2016 - 12:46 am:

I bought this one for $15 at an auction and made the rotating part myself.

I changed to a sliding adapter. You can have the pivot at #4 when the engine and transmission are together, and between #2 and #3 for the engine without the transmission.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration