Welcome back

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Welcome back
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

nm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

I was starting to have withdrawal shakes, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Alright! My world is back to normal! It's a good thing too... I was running out of things to talk about with my wife...
Glad you got things resolved Chris, lets us know what's new with the site (if anything)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

YAY! :-) :-) :-)

What went wrong? Do we need to do a fundraiser for a new server?

(Message edited by brian beatty, kansas city on March 08, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

The Great Blackout of 2016 - another milestone in the history of this forum.

Takes me back to The Great Food Fight of 2002.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

I am so glad to see my world return to normal. Good work Chris and Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Oh boy, but gee, I got a lot of work done on my own player piano in the last few days! Yes, I get work done on others' pianos, but this time I'm working on my own!(I'm using the excuse that I need a piano to test rolls on before I sell them!)

THANK YOU for ALL the time you put into fixing this Chris; we would be completely lost without you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

Heard the server storage was overloaded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Chris, THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO ON THIS FORUM!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Got this in email from Susan:

F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

too small to read?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Try again

F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

I am glad everybody is happy but what happened has just been the tipping point to get us into the 21st century.

More to follow, has not been a fun last few days for myself.

It is not really about the cost of a new server, our yearly costs for a service like this is approx. $600 per year.

Now if you add my salary in there .........

ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Thanks again Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Thank you Chris!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

You were also missed across the ocean.
WB and thanks for your efforts !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Chris,
It takes something like this to remind us all what a fantastic job you do! Guess that's why you make the big bucks! :-)
Nobody was rooting harder for you to get this fixed than my wife, who wanted me out of her hair and back on the forum!
Seriously Chris, thank you for all that you do for us. We are very lucky to have you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Boy the withdrawal symptoms were really getting the better of me :-( I was actually doing yard work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Thank You Chris! I hope the solution provides stability for you and the rest of us that depend on you. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Thanks Chris.
I have had a lonesome weekend. It rained here, even hail. I thought it was spring, because no rain in February and all the flowers were blooming early. Winter came back over the weekend and too wet and cold to do anything but stay in, so I missed the forum.

Chris, you do a very good job.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Great, thanks Chris.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

BTW... If we don't need a new server, can we take up a collection to clone Chris? Since he does the work of a whole crew maybe that would give him a break :-) Thanks Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Chris, Bless your heart! You are my hero! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

THANK YOU CHRIS!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Thank you so much Chris. Sorry it took you away from other things. It did give us some time to think about how much we enjoy this site
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Chris,

Thank you very,very much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John f. wilson on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Chris, One more thank you for the great site and making the hobby even more enjoyable. JW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

As Bushytail Squirrel said when Santa brought him a sackful of nuts, "Oh, I am so happy!"

Back to normal. Oh, what a relief it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

YAY! Whew. I didn't realize how often I checked the forum until it just up and disappeared. Thank you Chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

THANKS CHRIS!!!!
My world is now back to "normal"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Chris, Thanks for your efforts for all of us. You are very much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

I can only imagine the headaches and frustration you went through getting this forum back online.
YAY Chris....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

I guess this means I can close my Forum withdrawal therapy sessions now. Everyone is cured, thanks to Chris! I have to say it's been fun talking and emailing with so many members, and glad to see how important the Forum is to folks.

My favorite comment from someone when I told him it might be another day or two before the Forum was back, he said, "well, okay, but now what am I supposed to do?!"

I will also add, I did not have one harsh comment about the service interruption. Every one was so kind and understanding. And for that, I thank you all!

Have a great day on the Forum!

Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Gall on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Thank you Chris! Kudos to you for all you do for MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Thanks Chris... WOOT WOOT :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzB3aAmj2v0&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Thanks Chris!

Now I can skip therapy and the 12 step plan...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

T-less, this is my fix. Thanks to all behind the scenes who enable me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Oh man, I was having classic withdrawal symptoms... my blood was itching, my tongue was asleep, my hair was aching...

Chris, you are without question, without equivocation, without prevarication, without incertitude, without polysemousness, DA MAN!!!

Thanks for all you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Chris;
Your the man

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Thanks again so much Chris! This last couple days (forumless) reminds me (before I retired) of a sign that our secretary had on her desk that said,......"nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it!"

That doesn't quite apply to you Chris, because we all know that the website always requires your constant attention, but on the rare occasion of a serious "crash",.......well,....let's see,......how can I put this,........we think of you often! Thanks again Chris,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Chris;
Your the man

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

Chris, Susan, and the tech people.... Thank you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Thanks too Chris,

Seems like those days you had were pretty rough to get out of that jam :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

As large as the T community is, perhaps if the MTFCA would publish here on the forum the requirements of the server upgrades,someone out there in T land may have access to some lightly used equipment from a large corporation upgrade or something and could get the club hooked up with what it needs.Never know Freighter Jim could haul a server out from California if he has the space and save there to? Not all donations to the club have to be T or cash, a server or boards or mainframes are just as donate-able.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Chris-
Thank you!!!
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Thank you Chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Thank you for the great forum, Chris.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Wow! Am I late to the "welcome back" Party!
What everybody else has said, and said well.
Thanks again Chris B!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

So am I Wayne but like others I was suffering withdrawals!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

You don't know what you got till it's gone.

I heard that in a song somewhere Joni Mitchell, I believe.

I was expecting to see a mushroom cloud looming over Richmond, IN, but gled to see all are safe and sound.

TO THE KEYBOARD!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

It's redundant but thanks Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

Chris, I appreciate your maintenance and repair work on the Forum. It was more cantankerous than a Model T with a wet coil box this past weekend!

Having the Forum taken away from me so unexpectedly was a real reality check which makes me appreciate it even more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

What everyone else has said!!!!!:-):-):-) My wife is as happy as I am!:-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Thank you Chris! We owe you so much.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Its hard to stand up after that extended stint in the fetal position...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Thanks Chris, I am sure it was a has stressful weekend, thanks again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Williams on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Chris,

As the former webmaster of the MTFCI, I know the stress of an outage. I spent a many sleepless night restoring service after an outage.

R/Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Chris, Being in the IT business. I understand the stress.
Thank you and job well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Chris:

Thank you for all that you do with respect to serving as the webmaster for the MTFCA.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

I want to ad my thanks I missed this place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Thanks I was missing this place. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Burton, SC on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Thank you chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:17 am:

Now I have something to do with my coffee in the morning again! Thanks Chris for getting us back to the forum again. I sure missed it while it was down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 04:33 am:

I usually look into the Forum each evening (local time). Over the last few days I have been quite concerned that I couldn't reach the site. I had no way of learning what was happening, but tonight its all working!!

Very many thanks from Oz for all that you do to keep things working Chris. The T community is in your debt.

Dane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 06:23 am:

Thanks Chris. The natural order has returned down under, so I can now finish my day with a browse of the forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:19 am:

Good news Thanks for getting the forum back on line!
I was getting too much done around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Thank you Chris!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Benjamin on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Thanks Chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Thank you Chris. I missed all you faceless forumites. Yes that is a word, but was not during the T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Thanks Chris!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Thanks Chris,
We appreciate the work you do. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration