Old Photo - Roadside Tire Repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Roadside Tire Repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Nice hat! Narrow, but thicker than usual brim for a straw/boater hat. I have a couple thicker brim hats, but they are also wider brims.
Nice photo!Thank you too Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

It's probably just the hat and dark rimmed glasses, but that whole scene makes me think of Harold Lloyd! And by the way, I'm not surprised at that tire being a "problem" because the condition of it is such that I don't think that tire really owes the guy anything,.....it's "HAD IT"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Wonder where in Ohio it was? And he needs Royce's coaching! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

It look's like the spare is a demountable clincher rim?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Harold S, That was the first thing that caught my eye when I opened the thread! There was a scene in one of Harold Lloyd's movies very much like this picture. But after looking extra close at the fellow in this picture, I came to the conclusion that it could not be Harold L. This guy is too fat.
But while looking closely, I noticed the hat.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

A '24 or '25 with a triple window top. Hmmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:20 am:

The top is indeed puzzling. It may be a '25 with that big steering wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 03:09 am:

Openwire phone down BOTH sides of the road for a total of FIVE crossarms !

One is likely a local independent and the other an AM TEL & TEL Long Lines main.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Jack looks like it is leaning hard right hope he checked to make sure the car is steady :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Absolutely Harold Lloyd. For a second or two anyway. Yeah I hope that was the flat coming off too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration