Need help with a few tools .. ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need help with a few tools .. ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

A friend of mine is helping someone sell all her late husbands Ford tools. He will be bringing them to Chickasha. They are all Ford script or Z-tools (so far)as well as some misc aftermarket accessory brands There could be as many as 600 or more wrenches. Most are the common tool kit tools and the common Z-tools. Seems he liked to collect anything with Ford on it. I know most of them and how to value most of them. But there are a few that confuse me. Ill attach photos of the ones in question. The main one of interest to me is the very large script double end wrench (#8 in photos). It is the largest Ford script I have ever seen. Can it be for a very early T. ??? Just to alleviate any confusion there is no #5 wrench pictured. (I had a senior moment) There will be buckets of T-1917 band wrenches with dozens of different script sizes and makers marks, There are lots of different spark plug/head bolt wrenches in at least 4 major styles, Quite a few different pliers in 2 major styles (I show the two styles I saw in the pile)There are also supposed to be a lot of screwdrivers. I have not seen them yet, and can not say if they are square shank or round shank. There are several different versions of 3Z and 5Z hand tools. Nothing rare but they are all in nice shape. I will not be able to do any looking or sales before Chickasha. They are already packed for the trip... I may be able to go with him to make sure there are no Stevens or KRW tools being overlooked. But Im not sure yet if that will be possible. I would also like to know what the opinions are as to a fair price on the common stuff. There will be as good a deal as we can make, but she needs the money, so we want to help out as much as we can. But we are hoping to not sell something really rare for 2.00 either. We also will be selling with no commission for us. Thanks .... Have fun and be safe ...

1a

1b

2a

2b

4a

4b

6    7

8a

8b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 02:24 am:

Number one is for adjusting brakes on later 30's and 40's cars and trucks with square adjusters. I've been looking for one of those at the swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Jeff. Thanks. Since I posted this, I have found a lot of the number 1 wrenches on e-bay for between 10.00 to 20.00 listed as Model A brake wrenches. You may be able to find one on e-bay pretty cheap. Thanks again ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 11:09 am:

#8 is a standard pre '14 band wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 11:46 am:

#2 is a tool from one of the Ford plants - every tool was marked but if it were a service tool there would be a 3-Z or 5-Z number too.

#3 is a toolkit wrench that would have come with every tractor kit.

#4 is interesting in that it is marked with BSS system - it fits the head of a 5/16 fastener - one of our British members can ID it.

The pliers are standard toolkit tools, the upper one looking to be an earlier (heavier) pair and the others might be model A era.

The band wrench has been identified above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Thanks guys. I was unsure of the years the Fordson wrench may be from. So #4 is British .??. The pliers I figured were early and later, but unsure of Model A or T. Maybe even V-8. ?? The band wrench had me confused because of the very large script. I figured it may be early. pre 14 is pretty early. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

I have a wrench similar to your #1, except mine has a round center, but it too is marked, "Ford Brakes." I find it very useful for doing Model A brake adjustments. I think the large end is for AA brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

#1 really surprised me! I bought good tools when I was very young. A couple complete wrench sets (chrome plated box wrenches, end wrenches and combination wrenches) that I bought back then in the '60's were Lectrolite brand. In fact, I believe they are marked S-K Lectrolite. (They're not handy to check right now as they are a couple miles away in my shop.) I was really surprised to see that same name ("Lectrolite") on #1 with the "Ford Brakes" on the other side!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration