Spoon gas pedal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spoon gas pedal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I suppose, if you look at everything upside down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-Ford-Spoon-Gas-Pedal-EE-15U-/201519075647?hash=ite m2eeb79113f:g:mz0AAOSwPc9WtpUS&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

And/or have no clue as to what you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Actually, it doesn't look bad as a gas pedal.

Cool idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

If you sell antiques you need a certain amount of imagination and confidence. I bought a clothes hanger (3 never-out tail lamp brackets hooked together) and a friend bought a candle mold (Aeromore exhaust whistle). At least these folks knew it was for a Ford.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

They're a couple of young guys selling junk they find at yard sales and estate sales. Furniture seems to be their strong suit...and the only reason they knew this belonged to a Ford was the script on the inside of the brake pedal. They're on FB also, I sent them a message informing them of their error, maybe they'll change it next time they put it up because nobody is bidding on it, Im sure the Model A guys know better. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Actually, I was just looking at a pedal in my parts box today thinking that it might make a pretty good gas pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Too bad it didn't have a fancy pyramid pattern with a "B" in the middle of it. Would have been well worth the price!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

My favorite flea-bay listing was for a model t coil.It was listed as a "wooden piston"

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Remembering the gas pedal on my White it's not a bad guess. Almost the same size too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Yes, but the foot throttle on and A Model isn't really a pedal at all, it's a button. There's a foot prop right next to it and you rest your foot on the prop and use it as leverage to depress the button. Of course they also had the same throttle and spark advance set up as used on the T Model, but they don't have a pedal like this one at all...unless you bought some after market contraption.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

All I see here is some good, clean humor. They didn't know any better. Pretty funny.

Have a laugh ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Rich,

I packed around a White steering unit to swap meets for far 2 many years.

I took a Saw-zall and cut the bracket and throttle pedal off and saved it for a future project. I also Saw-zalled the quadrant off with what was left of the steering wheel and spark and throttle levers. I still have them.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 12:39 am:

Ouch! I guess it's hard to sell if you don't find the right guy. I'm glad I found mine.
"just sayin'"
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration