Shipping a vehicle by railroad - 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Shipping a vehicle by railroad - 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Although not a Model T, it does give some insight to the logistics of shipping a vehicle from manufacture to customer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

There is a Los Angeles County Fire Department Stutz fire truck that was originally assigned to the city of Bellflower at the Los Angeles County Fire Museum.

Ironically, that museum is now located in the city of Bellflower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

the Oroville Fire department has a Stuz fire engine. the chassis sits outside in the corporation yard, supposedly all the bright work is in storage, meantime all the pin striping detailing is out in the weather, going away.
Yes, I'm a bit peeved about it. When I was the curator, I had a plan for indoor storage and an ongoing interpretive restoration in the tool museum, but the fire folks wouldn't commit to doing the restoration, so now that space is filled with other tools on display. (Actually, I didn't care if they would commit or not, I just wanted to get the chassis out of the weather/vandals, bur my boss had other ideas.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

I hate bureaucrats! They will do the stupidest things in order to keep their own jobs and/or steal the taxpayer's money. But they won't give an inch to save something valuable.
Wayne Sheldon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration